IMPACT Children's Missions
FBC Foley invites you to bring your kids and let them be a part of something big. Missions is a great way to teach children about putting others first and learning ways to help share God's love with those around us and around the world
FBC Foley offers several ways that children can become involved in missions. We have RA's and GA's for boys and girls in grades 1-6, and Mission Friends for preschoolers
Girls in Action
Girls in Action® (GA®) is a missions discipleship organization for girls. Every girl in grades 1–6 can be a part of GA! Through GA, girls learn about, pray for, give to, and do missions work. They also make new friends and have lots of fun!
"As a GA, I will do my best to live a missions lifestyle that honors God by learning about missions, praying for missions, giving to missions, doing missions, and participating in the work of the church."
"Give thanks to the Lord. Worship Him. Tell the nations what He has done. Announce how honored He is." Isaiah 12:4 NLrV
"The Lord has shown you what is good. He has told you what He requires of you. You must treat people fairly. You must love others faithfully. And you must be very careful to live the way God wants you to." Micah 6:8 NlrV
Girls in Action® meet every Sunday night at 6:30pm. All girls that are in grades 1-6 are welcome to attend.
Royal Ambassadors® (RA®) is a missions discipleship organization for boys in grades 1-6. Through hands-on activities that encourage spiritual growth, games and sports, and mentoring relationships with RA leaders, RA members become a faith-based brotherhood. RAs provides an opportunity for boys to develop Christian character through missions involvement and virtue commitments, in addition to growing spiritually, physically, mentally, and in relationships with others.
The Royal Ambassador Motto, “We are Ambassadors for Christ” (2 Corinthians 5:20), was selected in 1908. Since that time, the Motto has never changed. It is a simple concept for a boy to identify with and understand that is based upon God’s Word.
As a Royal Ambassador I will do my best:
- to become a well-informed, responsible follower of Christ;
- to have a Christlike concern for all people;
- to learn how to carry the message of Christ around the world;
- to work with others in sharing Christ; and
- to keep myself clean and healthy in mind and body
Lads and Crusaders learn the same virtues. 10 virtues are studied each year.
- Loyalty—Loyalty is always choosing to be a friend, even when it is hard to do.
- Friendship—Friendship is to love and help others, even if I must give up something.
- Courage—Courage is the power God gives me to do the right thing, even when I am afraid.
- Responsibility—Responsibility is to finish the job I promised because others trust me.
- Honesty—Honesty is to tell the truth, respect others, and play fair.
- Faith—Faith is believing in God; trusting His Word; and knowing Him through His Son, Jesus.
- Compassion—Compassion is feeling concern for the hurts of other people and helping with acts of kindness.
- Perseverance—Perseverance is being patient and staying with your work through hard times until it is done.
- Teamwork—Teamwork is working together and doing my part so more people will know Christ.
- Self-discipline—Self-discipline is managing my life in a way that honors God.
Royal Ambassadors® meet every Sunday night at 6:30pm. All boys that are in grades 1-6 are welcome to attend.
Mission Friends® is the WMU® organization for preschoolers, babies through kindergarten. Mission Friends offers preschoolers fun and exciting learning experiences to begin understanding missions. Missions Friends helps preschoolers to ….
- learn to care about others
- learn that God wants everyone to know of His love
- learn that not everyone knows about God’s love
Mission Friends also helps parents or caregivers to learn ways that they can help others know about Jesus.
Mission Friends helps preschoolers complete the heart tasks of WMU:
- learn about missions
- pray for missions
- support missions
- do missions and witness
- develop spiritually toward a missions lifestyle
- participate in the work of the church and the denomination